Holiday Club and COVID-19
Additional kit on the day
- Your own pen - Please bring your own pen to sign at registration – this protects you from having to use a pen that every other adult has touched.
- Hand sanitiser - Please provide your child with sufficient hand sanitiser to use before snack breaks during the day. We will also provide hand washing facilities. Staff will be checking for hand sanitiser as part of the kit check at the beginning of the day. Children without a sufficient supply of hand sanitiser will not be accepted, and you will not get a credit / refund for the day. We do not provide hand sanitiser for children, as some children are allergic to certain brands, and the passing of a bottle from hand to hand is in itself a potential transmission hazard.
- Disposable tissues - We comply with the government’s “catch it, bin it, kill it” advice. All children attending must have a packet of disposable tissues so they can catch and bin their coughs and sneezes. Staff will be checking for tissues as part of the kit check at the beginning of the day. Children without tissues will not be accepted, and you will not get a credit / refund for the day.
- Masks - The UK government guidance on masks says: “Wearing a face covering or face mask in schools or other education settings is not recommended…. Schools and other education or childcare settings should therefore not require staff, children and learners to wear face coverings. Changing habits, cleaning and hygiene are effective measures in controlling the spread of the virus.” Please do not send your child in a mask, or ask us to make sure they wear one.
For any questions relating to the above, please contact the management team on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0113 257 5750.
What if Holiday Club is cancelled?
If Holiday Club is cancelled due to future government restrictions or other such circumstances outside the control of the Rainbow Factory, all booking receipts will be refunded in full within 7 working days of cancellation.
Holiday Club Terms & Conditions
We have updated our terms and conditions specifically to align with the Covid-19 regulations as set out by the government. When booking a place, you agree to follow our guidelines.
To view our full terms and conditions, please click here
Any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com or call 0113 2575750
What new measures are you putting in place to protect against Covid-19?
We have been, and will continue to monitor all government guidelines to ensure that we are providing the best environment possible for both the children and our staff. A Covid-19 risk assessment has been implemented and all staff have been trained in our new safety measures including regular deep-cleaning of facilities and equipment.
The government recommends group sizes of 15 children. The infection control procedures required by government guidelines, which we will be following, are:
- Minimising contact with individuals who are unwell by ensuring that those who have coronavirus symptoms, or who have someone in their household who does, do not attend childcare settings, schools or colleges
- Cleaning hands more often than usual – wash hands thoroughly for 20 seconds with running water and soap and dry them thoroughly or use alcohol hand rub or sanitiser ensuring that all parts of the hands are covered
- Ensuring good respiratory hygiene – promote the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach
- Cleaning frequently touched surfaces often using standard products, such as detergents and bleach
- Minimising contact and mixing by altering, as much as possible, the environment (such as activity layout) and timetables (such as staggered break times)
Do the local restrictions in Leeds affect Holiday Club?
We are constantly reviewing the restrictions which are imposed in Leeds and nationally, and are confident that we can host Holiday Club. For your own reference you an see the guidance on the current local restrictions here.
The procedures cannot cover every eventuality, but we will use our judgement to apply the government’s 5 principles above, which will help to keep you and your children safe.